maandag 22 mei 2017

Helvetia contest 2017 update

I had fun in the Helvetia contest 2017 with low power.
Even though there was QSB, I still could make some beautiful QRPp QSO's.

I got a request from Panagiotis SV1GRN to write a more detailed story.
Yes, you are right, Panos. It's my pleasure to make the update. hi.

Update
The first table shows the QSO's in chronological order.
This is very interesting, because it shows, which power I used from QSO to QSO.

Saturday
I started on Saturday with just 3 QSO's. The signals were S9, S9 and S+.

Sunday
When I started on Sunday, I heard HG7T with a very strong signal. S8 + 20 dB.  But then the QSB kicked in. The signal strength dropped about 10 dB and I had to use 80 mW to make the QSO. That is how it goes with QSB. hi.
In the next QSO with CT, I had to use full power and I had to repeat my serial number. hi.
Then I went to 15 meters. The band was empty.
So I went to 40 m and made a QSO with HB9MM in VD.
I decided to go back to 20 m and made 3 QSO's with 36 mW.
QSO number 8  with LY3B was exciting. The QSB reduced the signal strength, just after the QSO was completed. hi.
In the last QSO I had to QRO to 800 mW, (QRO means increase my power), before my signal was heard and the QSO was made.

Helvetia contest 2017 - QSO's in chronological order - PA1B
Worked DXCC's
Helvetia contest 2017 - PA1B

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Very good qrpp qso's pse write and the bands also 73 de SV1GRN

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello Panos, it's my pleasure to write more in detail. I added the table of QSO's in chronological order. It's interesting to see, the power that I used, from QSO to QSO. Thank you for the idea. FB. 73, Bert

      Verwijderen