maandag 21 oktober 2013

CS8/PA1B First day of operation

Light weight keyer in the foreground  
It's great to take a station with you on holiday.
But when I am on holiday, I am on holiday and not on a DX expedition.
In general I make a few QSO's each day and a modest number of QSO's in a contest in the weekend.

On holiday I made a total of 72 QSO. On the first day I made 11 QSO's. On other days  I made a few QSO's each day. On the last days 47 QSO's were made in the YODX HF contest.


First day as CS8/PA1B
The first day of operation I made 6 QSO's in the RDA contest.
After I returned home after the holiday, I discovered that, because of the low power and the distance to UA2 and UA3, all QSO's in the RDA contest a made with more than 1000 Miles per Watt. hi
The first day it is always exciting, because I am curious which countries and continents can be reached.
After making some QSO in the RDA contest I made some QSO's outside of the contest. See table at the right.
Most of the time I work with Search and Pounce.
The signal of PT7FLA was very strong, so I used just 360 mW.

2 Way QRP QSO with N5EEI
I never hunt for other QRP stations, so when I gave CQ with 2.7 watts,  I was amazed to meet another QRP station.
Dave N5EEI reported that he worked with 5 watts into a dipole 10m up. 

I was lucky to use just 1.8 watts in most QSO's on the first days, since most of the QSO's resulted in a more than 1000 Miles per Watt QSO.

Antenna
The antenna was placed  just before the RDA contest.
I placed the antenna on the roof, together with João of the technical service to get access to the roof.
The antenna wire with a lenght of of 20 meters, ran from the balcony up to the roof and then to a point a few meters above the roof. The antenna did a great job.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Good morning Bert, sounds like both the radio time and vacation time are going well. Very nice QRP and QRPp contacts.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hello Mike, we both enjoyed the holiday. We saw a lot of the island and I also had fun with the radio. 73, Bert

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen