zondag 23 december 2012

Croatian CW contest

I had great fun in participating in the Croatian CW contest, on a wire of 10 mtr.
I did not expect this amazing result with my crippled antenna. The inverted Vee lost one of it's wires in the storm in November. I used the remaining wire that lies partly flat on the roof.

I had to take it easy, so I did not make many QSO's. But I still had fun. On Saturday I started with 5 QSO's on 40 m, in which I had to use 2.7 watts.

After 2 more QSO on 40 m on Sunday morning , I went to 20 m. I was surprised by the signals on 20 m. The signals were very strong S9 plus 10 dB.
So I immediately decided to use the lowest possible power.

With the pre-programmed messages and the pre-programmed serial numbers in the Morse Machine, I effortlessly made the QSO's on 20 m. 

Please notice:  Propagation and Activity are much more important than the antenna.


Who would expect, that I could make 4 QSO's with just 36 mW on a wire of 10 mtrs. Well, I would'nt.
All the QSO's on 20 m are made with more than 1000 Miles per Watt. So I don't complain about my antenna, but I am grateful  for the excellent propagation.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Very good results, Bert. I will probably be active today. G3XBM had an interesting experience with his FT-817. You may have read it.

    73 and Merry Christmas
    Dick

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello Dick, Good results indeed. I worked for half an hour on 20m. hi I am very familiair with power indicator of the FT-817, since I write down the used power after EACH QSO. Merry Christmas for you and your family. 73, Bert

      Verwijderen
  2. Hello Bert,

    Glad to see you're "back in the saddle again"; even with a compromised antenna. Hihi. I participated in a similar event a few days ago but worked only "two" with 900mw. One in Canada and the other just across town....the propagation just wasn't there; which can mean "everything". Glad to hear you're feeling better. Keep on the same path!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hello John, it was great fun to make QRPpp QSO's with the half inverted V in the contest. Congrats on the 900 mW QSO's. BOTH. hi. When the S-meter goes up, the power goes down. Good luck in QRPp. 73,Bert

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen