zaterdag 23 juni 2012

CQ WW WPX CW 2012

When I started in the CQ WW WPX CW Contest I was convinced, that I would not get the same high score as last year. But afterwards, it turned out to be better than expected.  I had more time to spent on the air, because this year I had only one birthday during the contest.

Working with the lowest possible power is great fun, but when a running station is answering one station after an other, I have to change my way of operating by increasing the power to a much higher level than is needed for a QSO with the lowest possible power or to come back later. The last is usually the best tactic.

When I hear a strange call, I don't pay much attention to the DXCC or other details, but I try to work him as fast and as accurate as I can.  I first worked ST2AR "from the banks of the river Nile" and later made a dance of joy, after checking the details on QRZ. In the last 10 minutes of the contest I could make a QSO wit HK1NA and BV7S.  


The total of DXCC worked is more than 40. I already received about 27 eQSL cards for QSO's in this contest.  I always try to be accurate, but VK turned out to be an other more common DXCC, when I received the eQSL card.

CQ WW WPX CW 2012 per band

The FT-817 has a highest power of 2.7 W after a serious mismatch, so QRP here is 2.7 W or less. This loss of 3 dB can not spoil the fun. I spend most of the time on 20 m and 15 m. The conditions on 40 m were not so good. But I had much fun with low power. Many of the QSO's are good for more than 1000 Miles per Watt.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten